Join Our Team
Job Title: Social Media, Content Creation & Marketing Specialist (P/T)
We are a small, local swimwear & apparel brand that prioritizes ethical manufacturing and size inclusivity in our products. We are currently looking for a creative and passionate Social Media & Content Marketing Specialist to join our team. This position is a part-time role for 24 hours a week on a 6 month contract, with potential to move to a full time salaried position after that.
A potential candidate should be:
- Passionate about making products ethically, and for a purpose
- Invested in helping foster an inclusive environment for people of all sizes, shapes, ages, and abilites
- Interested in working for a local small business with a highly engaged community
- A creative spirit with a strong administrative side
- Self-motivated and reliable, able to complete tasks fully without immediate supervision
- Create and implement social media and content marketing campaigns to drive brand awareness and sales.
- Develop and execute content strategies for our social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, and Pinterest.
- Plan and create engaging and visually appealing content, including photos, videos, and graphics.
- Use social media management tools to schedule and publish content on a regular basis.
- Execute weekly newsletters according to the marketing calendar.
- Analyze and report on social media and marketing campaign content performance, making recommendations for improvements.
- Collaborate with our team to develop creative concepts and ideas for marketing campaigns.
- Write compelling copy for social media posts, ads, and other marketing materials.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest social media and content marketing trends and techniques to continuously improve our strategy.
- Assist with product and special campaign photoshoots.
- Maintain and adapt existing influencer marketing.
- Engaging with and providing customer care on social media platforms.
- 2+ years of experience in social media, content creation, and/or marketing is preferred, or applicable post-secondary education.
- Strong photography skills and experience using editing software (e.g., Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop) are preferred.
- A portfolio that showcases your photography and/or content creation skills.
- A strong understanding of social media platforms, algorithms, and trends.
- Experience creating engaging content for Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Ability to maintain and execute a marketing calendar.
- A self-motivated worker with great organizational skills.
- Passionate about ethical manufacturing (slow fashion) and size inclusivity.
- Knowledge of fashion and retail industry trends is a plus.
If you're a creative and driven individual with a passion for social media and content marketing, we would love to hear from you! We offer a supportive work environment, health benefits, and generous staff discounts at our Gastown storefront. Hourly wage will be determined based on industry average and applicant's experience. To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and a small portfolio or representation of your work to email@example.com